Saturday, March 24, 2012

Maladu or maa laddu

 
I find the aroma of freshly made ghee simply irresistible. When I was a kid, I used to wait for my mom to make ghee at home. Of course, at that time, I cared a damn about my weight or my diet and there was absolutely no need to wait in queue for aavin butter. Life
used to be a lot simpler !!!The kadai in which ghee is made never used to go for washing immediately. She used to make the chapathi dough or sambar or sometimes even laddus (rava, wheat or maa laddu) for us.
Maladu is one of my favorite sweet. This sweet is actually good for health and quite simple to make.

Ingredients
(makes about 8 to 10)
  • Split roasted gram dal or pottu kadalai - 1 cup
  • Granulated white sugar - 3/4 cup
  • Cardamom - 3 pods
  • Ghee - 1/2 cup (100ml)
  • Cashew nuts / almonds - 1 tbs (roasted in ghee) (optional)
  1.  Dry roast the dal or pottu kadalai for 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure it does not turn brown. Allow it to cool.
  2. Grind the sugar along with cardamom to a fine powder.
  3. Grind the dal to a fine powder.
  4. In a large bowl, mix the two powders together and add the roasted nuts.
  5. Warm the ghee and pour it over the sugar-Dal mixture. Mix well and shape it into balls of desired size.


sending to my home mantra n wtml









Sending it to UK rasoi for u mum. and Surabhi's  Let's party.


4 comments:

  1. Maa laddu has always been my favorite. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i am new to ur space...nice to follw u..please do stop and follow wen ur free..

    this ladoo is new to me will try ths one

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one thanks linking 2 Lets Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice spicy tips here. Would you also mind giving me some inputs on my site here:

    http://articlestrack.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete